MEDITECH is committed to supporting our customers, partners, and staff through these demanding times. Check back often for our latest updates and strategies related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and learn how our customers are supporting their patients, staff, and community. MEDITECH customers can access our latest Guidance Documents from our Client Services COVID-19 Resource page.
- MEDITECH Quick Vaccination solution streamlines COVID-19 vaccination process (01/13/21)
- MEDITECH participates in HHS webinar on COVID-19 hospital data reporting (12/22/20)
- MEDITECH adds new FAQs page to COVID-19 vaccine guidance (12/11/20)
- LAB Data Reporting (SQL) and ELR Guidance for HHS/CARES Act Now Available (7/31/20)
- MEDITECH Releases Updated Decision Support and Guidance for Coronavirus (7/9/20)
- Google and HCA announce the National Response Portal for tracking disease hot spots (6/1/20)
- MEDITECH Assists Customers with Software and Support to Help Combat COVID-19 (05/19/20)
- Additional Funds Released Through the CARES Act (4/24/20)
- First Databank Offers COVID-19 Temporary Facility Access Support (4/13/20)
- MedPower Collaborates with MEDITECH to Help Deliver Complimentary COVID-19 Online Training (4/8/20)
- MEDITECH Extends Virtual Visits Offer to All Customers (3/27/20)
- Risk Assessments Help Pre-Screen Home Care Patients for COVID-19 (3/24/20)
Leveraging MEDITECH's EHR During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Leverage your EHR to help screen, isolate, treat, monitor, and report on patients with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, as well as the guidance and services that MEDITECH provides.Learn How
- How MEDITECH Customers Are Providing Mental Health Support during the COVID-19 Pandemic (6/12/20)
- MEDITECH Customers Offer Convalescent Plasma Therapy (6/10/20)
- Remote EHR Implementation Enables MEDITECH Organizations to Go LIVE Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (6/9/20)
- Newton Medical Center uncovers COVID-19 insights with MEDITECH's BCA solution (6/5/20)
- Cayuga Health System's COVID-19 response is 'New York Strong' (6/2/20)
- From a Safe Distance: Remote Strategies for Addressing Patient Health Concerns During COVID-19 (5/22/20)
- Queensway Advances its Use of MEDITECH for COVID-19 Clinic (5/21/20)
- How MEDITECH Customers Worldwide are Meeting the Challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic (5/12/20)
- Healthcare Organizations Take Steps to Increase Patient Capacity During COVID-19 (4/30/20)
- Firelands Regional Health System Monitors COVID-19 Patients with MEDITECH's BCA Solution (4/30/20)
- Virtual care delivers on top priority for patient experience—safety (4/29/20)
- Healthcare Organizations Team Up To Fight COVID-19 (4/28/20)
- Holyoke Medical Center promotes community health during COVID-19 (4/24/20)
- How virtual visits are keeping providers and patients safe at Citizen's Memorial Healthcare (4/10/20)
- MEDITECH customers find new ways to address PPE shortages (4/9/20)
- Virtual Visits help communities get medical care, practice social distancing (4/9/20)
- Healthcare organizations implement remote testing procedures (4/7/20)
- CalvertHealth monitors coronavirus cases using MEDITECH's BCA solution (3/23/20)
MEDITECH Customers in the News
- Phoebe reaches 10,000 vaccine milestone as COVID surge continues (1/19/21)
- Q&A: Fighting COVID, no matter what, at Milford Regional Medical Center (6/17/20)
- SHINE hospitals launch virtual visit platforms to treat some patients from home (5/26/20)
- Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker addresses state from new Lawrence General testing site. (5/22/20)
- Here's how hospital staff at Humber River are treating coronavirus patients (4/28/20)
- Lake Superior State University nursing collaborates with War Memorial to create acute container care pods (4/23/20)
- Coronavirus survivors donate blood plasma for sick patients in hope antibodies fight the disease at Valley Hospital (4/22/20)
- Hebrew SeniorLife Gives Front-Line Staff 'Appreciation Pay' During Pandemic (4/20/20)
- Ontario Shores offering mental health support for health care workers during COVID-19 (4/17/20)
- Avera Virtual Visits keeps patients and providers connected (4/9/20)
- Morton Hospital in Taunton converting to COVID-19 center (4/5/20)
- Holyoke Medical Center welcomes 40 soldier's home residents (4/3/20)
- Mount Nittany Health launches COVID-19 response fund (4/3/20)
- Firelands teams up with area hospitals to battle coronavirus (3/30/20)
- Berkshire Medical Center uses call center to help tackle the coronavirus (3/26/20)
- Steward's Carney Hospital is nation's first dedicated to coronavirus patients (3/17/20)
Combatting the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 is altering life across the world and directly impacting healthcare systems in an unprecedented manner. MEDITECH has been engaged and monitoring this situation for several weeks, working with our customers and staff to address this situation in a spirit of optimism and partnership.
Our internal COVID-19 Team has set up best practices to ensure efficient communication and disseminate guidance documents and decision support to our customers. That work is ongoing and additional steps will continue to be taken in support of customers and our MEDITECH team members. We have approached this unique situation by assessing data capture, COVID-19 screening specific templates, the use of sophisticated Status Boards, Surveillance, Patient Registries, and Business and Clinical Analytics dashboards and data extraction feeds. Equally important are the communication vehicles of secure messaging within the EHR, interoperability, and the electronic integration of critical patient monitor data.
Perhaps our biggest project has been the deployment of Virtual Visit capability integrated into our EHR. This enables MEDITECH healthcare systems to manage the growing volume of patients seeking clinical assessment, while helping to soothe fears of further spread or overwhelming care facilities. We will do whatever is needed to help serve the goal of every provider organization during this challenging time, which is to ensure that patients who are in need receive care as quickly and safely as possible.
We will continue to update our website and customer portal with new findings, frequently asked questions, and news from customers on how they are managing and adjusting to these rapidly changing conditions. We are working in partnership with MUSE and participating in COVID-19 EHR discussion groups, as well as creating a series of MEDITECH-driven, virtual Call-to-Action seminars to help us all stay connected as a community.
Communication and support for each other are the bedrock principles for our company. Being agile and responsive to the needs of customers, the healthcare industry, and our staff is the priority. We salute the frontline healthcare workforce across the globe, which is working tirelessly and selflessly to combat this pandemic.
MEDITECH is committed to supporting our customers, partners, and staff through these demanding times. We are optimistic that the situation will improve in the near future, if we all do our part. Please check back for more updates in the coming days.