MEDITECH COVID-19 Control Plan: Tenants, Vendors & Visitors
Control Plan | Self-Assessing
In accordance with all relevant CDC, local, state, federal and BOMA guidelines for building owners, we have implemented the following policies for all tenants, vendors, and/or visitors to any of our MEDITECH facilities.
- Any person entering our building is required to self-assess, following CDC guidelines, to determine if they have or may have the coronavirus. If you have it, are waiting on a test result, are considered presumptive, or have any symptoms that could be considered COVID-19, do not enter the building.
- If you are unsure of how to assess yourself, we have provided the following self-assess link.
- If any person has a condition that puts them at high risk if they were to contract COVID-19, or if they are caring for or are regularly in close contact with someone who has a high-risk condition, we recommend that they do not visit a MEDITECH building.
- All tenant, visitors, and vendors should immediately notify MEDITECH of any suspected or confirmed cases of COVD-19 among their employees or any known visitors or vendors of the tenant
- According to State Guidelines, in the event of a positive case, we must shut down the site for deep cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace in accordance with current CDC guidance.
- We are required to know who is in our buildings at all times for contact tracing and for that reason we have limited entry to the building and all doors are to remain locked and can only be entered with your swipe cards.
- Visitors and vendors must contact MEDITECH or respective tenant for building entry and those visits will be logged accordingly by MEDITECH or respective tenant.
- Any issues with card access should be directed to MEDITECH Operations.
- We request that you try to limit the number of visitors and vendors to the buildings. If a visitor or vendor must enter the building, they will be required to follow MEDITECH building guidelines. MEDITECH or Tenant staff will be responsible for overseeing vendor/visitor compliance.
Face Mask & Coverings
- A face mask/cover is to be worn at all times while in all common areas in our buildings, such as parking lots, lobbies, hallways, stairwells, restrooms, etc. Policies for the wearing of face masks and coverings within tenant office suites are at the discretion of the individual tenant.
- Specification for facemasks and coverings are as following: it must cover both your nose and mouth; you may use a homemade mask, a scarf, a bandanna, or neck gaiter and our expectations are that they are cleaned often or not reused if they are disposable.
- MEDITECH will not be responsible for providing facemasks.
- Signage in all buildings will serve to outline our face-covering policy and remind all building occupants to adhere to this policy.
Social Distancing & Closings
- All building occupants are required to social distance at all times within the building - keeping 6 feet apart at minimum.
- With respect to distancing, people should not congregate in corridors, lobbies, restrooms, or any other common space where people would otherwise gather and socialize.
- Additional areas of the building, including the cafeteria, fitness center, and locker rooms, have been closed to limit occupant exposure.
- Elevator cabs are limited to one person at a time for the time being in order to maintain adequate social distancing.
- Food deliveries to the building will be allowed. We require that deliveries are made outside building entries and that social-distancing practices are maintained.
Cleaning & Decontamination
- Our cleaning company has been informed of new protocols requiring them to work off-hours shifts to limit exposure to building occupants. Additionally, cleaning staff are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times while in the building.
- A day cleaning porter will be on-site to pay particular attention to the cleaning and disinfecting of all frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, stairway railings, elevator buttons, and push plates.
- Our cleaning vendor will do a thorough cleaning and sanitization in all common areas nightly (Monday thru Friday), with a focus on public spaces and high contact points.
- Signage has been posted indicating all common sanitization stations and reminders that supplies are limited, are for shared use, and are not to be removed.
- We ask all tenants, visitors, and vendors to frequently wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before touching any surfaces in all common spaces within the building.
- If you need assistance with sanitization services within your office suite, contact MEDITECH Operations and they will connect you directly with our service provider. MEDITECH is not responsible for additional cleaning services inside your office suite(s).
- We ask that all tenants, vendors, and visitors follow signage guidelines outlined throughout the interior and exterior of our buildings.
- Signage in all buildings will serve to outline our social distancing policy.
- Common health reminders will be posted throughout our buildings to remind tenants and staff about social distancing, mask requirements, hand washing protocols, face touching, and sneeze protocols.
- This control plan will additionally be posted or linked via a QR code at all building entries, including loading dock and service entry doors.