A point of care solution that fits in your pocket.
Sometimes a workstation on wheels is too cumbersome and disruptive for the situation. MEDITECH's Expanse Point of Care software complements the mobile capabilities of our Patient Care System, giving you the flexibility to perform the most common interventions whenever and wherever they're needed through a smartphone-like device.
Patient Data and Chart Views
View real-time patient data or launch into patient charts to see historical data, such as:
- Current and historical medications
- Detailed allergies/adverse drug reactions
- Recent orders and results
- Problem lists.
Embedded Medication Administration Record and Bedside Verification components let clinicians:
- Scan, acknowledge, review, administer, and co-sign medications
- Document medication assessments and reassessments
- View and override medication conflicts and renewal warnings
- Display the protocol and taper schedule.
Prioritize and sort summaries of due and overdue interventions and administrations. Other features help clinicians to:
- Enhance patient safety through mobile barcode scanning
- Receive real-time updates of patient information
- Access the patient's chart from the worklist.
Immediately access intuitive documentation capabilities, to:
- Add, document, and edit interventions and assessments
- Receive immediate notification of due and overdue interventions
- Recall data on assessments
- Initiate rules-based logic.
Home Care, to go.
Access your home care schedules from any smartphone, document on the fly, and view patient details with MEDITECH Expanse. Home care staff can use common mobile device conventions to dial phone numbers and launch maps, for even greater efficiency.
Transform how you deliver care.
Learn how the mobility of MEDITECH's EHR improves the physician and patient experience, from Deborah Harrigan, MD, a family medicine physician at Frisbie Memorial Hospital, and John Tollerson, DO, the CMIO at Kalispell Regional Medical Center.
"I do mostly outpatient practice, using a mobile device for pretty much everything I do. I like the layout: it's appealing to the eye; it makes sense. Interacting with a touch screen definitely just seems to make it more natural in terms of documentation."
FHN Memorial Hospital (Freeport, IL)