MEDITECH’s Podcast series is growing!
Since April, MEDITECH AVP Christine Parent has hosted a lot of great conversations with MEDITECH customers and health IT thought leaders. Give a listen as she chats with our guests about their real-world challenges and topics that are important to our industry, such as healthcare equity with Jennifer Zelmer, PhD, President and CEO of Healthcare Excellence Canada. You may even learn something personal about our hosts and guests you never knew. You can now find us wherever you like to listen to podcasts, including Apple, Google, Spotify, and Simplecast.
Extending Our Reach
MEDITECH has a long history of shaping healthcare around the globe. Offices in the UK, South Africa (covering Africa, Middle East, and South Asia), Australia, and Singapore now extend our reach throughout the following regions:
- 22 customers in the UK
- 3 customers in Ireland
- They represent numerous NHS trusts and public and private sector hospitals and clinics.
- 72 private hospitals in Australia
- 2 private hospitals and 4 labs in Singapore
- 100% public hospitals in Botswana
- 1 University Hospital in Botswana
- 100% public and private sector labs in Namibia
- 100% blood transfusion services Botswana
- 5 hospitals in Nigeria
- 1 Private Hospital in Kenya
- 24 hospitals
- 95% commercial labs (760 sites)
- 1 private hospital in Dubai
- 1 hospital in Kuwait
- 1 private hospital in Pakistan
“The Aga Khan University is committed to providing the communities it serves with quality care. The organization laid out a rigorous selection process for international vendors and after careful deliberation, we are pleased to have chosen MEDITECH as our Electronic Health Record (EHR) system provider. Our EHR implementation is mission-critical for many reasons, but the most important being to enhance the delivery of evidence-based, patient-centered care. Digital technology is fundamental to our vision of being able to harness the invaluable data captured through the MEDITECH Expanse system and contributing to better patient outcomes in our institutions and regional populations. Research is vital to healthcare organizations and we are particularly keen to translate the data extracted from MEDITECH Expanse into meaningful information and insights that will contribute to us finding better solutions for our communities.”
Uniting Care in the United Kingdom and Ireland
Leading the charge to safer, more holistic care with MEDITECH’s integrated solutions also leads to achieving firsts from NHS England and the analytics unit of HIMSS Europe.
Congratulations to Sunderland Royal Hospital (Sunderland, UK), for earning the prestigious Stage 7 recognition from HIMSS, currently the only hospital in the North of England to have earned this distinction.
One Patient, One Record in Botswana
From sophisticated urban hospitals in the UK and Canada to remote desert health posts in the heart of Africa, we’re working with local communities and governments to improve people’s health no matter where they live, and no matter the level of IT connectivity.
MEDITECH Asia Pacific
Together, MEDITECH Australia and MEDITECH Singapore are delivering effective and sustainable healthcare solutions to the Asia Pacific region. Our world-class partnerships include Ramsay Health Care, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, and Farrer Park Hospital.
"This hospital was planned to be technologically relevant for the next 20 years, because the future of healthcare is going to be digitally-focused and technology-based."
Dr. Timothy Low
CEO Farrer Park Hospital
Riding Waves of Change in the Caribbean
As digital health records gain momentum in the Caribbean, MEDITECH is expanding its presence with customers throughout the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, and the Bahamas. We’re connecting providers across these island populations to achieve longitudinal health records for all citizens.
- Since implementing MEDITECH, Wilma N. Vázquez Medical Center (Vega Baja, PR) has documented a 20% increase in their cash flow and 30% reduction in ED wait times.
- The British Virgin Islands Health Authority will soon connect patients and care providers nationwide and across the islands using MEDITECH Expanse. Wherever patients receive care — Peeble's Hospital, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers — their records will follow.
- Patients at Doctors Hospital (Nassau, Bahamas) rate the hospital above the 90th percentile. Their MEDITECH solution helps them keep their patients engaged and healthier over the long term.
Our Global Market Presence
- British Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico*
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Virgin Islands*
* United States territory