MEDITECH in the UK and Ireland
Healthcare technology is all about possibilities. Those possibilities are limitless with MEDITECH Expanse, the world’s most intuitive and interoperable EPR that keeps people at the centre of care.
Rotherham Hospital is at the forefront of patient data sharing with the integration of GP Connect
A trailblazer in interoperability, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is one of the first NHS Trusts in the UK to successfully integrate the national GP Connect Access Record: Structured - FHIR API, enabling authorised health and social care workers in a variety of settings to access their patients’ GP records.
St Vincent’s Health Australia Private Hospitals signs for MEDITECH Expanse
14 February 2024 - St Vincent's Health Australia Private Hospitalshas selected MEDITECH’s Expanse platform as its foundation Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to enhance patient care across its internationally acclaimed network of 10 private hospitals.
Liverpool Women’s wins Health Tech Team of the Year Award for Expanse implementation
1 February 2024 - Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust (Liverpool, UK) was recently named Health Tech Team of the Year by UK healthcare publication HTN. The HTN Now awards recognise digital innovation projects across the UK’s health and care industry that make improvements for both patients and staff.
MEDITECH reports record international growth for Expanse in 2023
11 January 2024 - MEDITECH expanded its global presence in 2023 as a record number of international customers signed for Expanse, the mobile, web-based EMR. In addition to the new signings, several international customers also went LIVE with Expanse last year.
“The international demand for Expanse has never been greater,” said MEDITECH Director Gina Kerley. “Globally, many hospitals are still using paper or a combination of outdated systems for documentation and are eager to experience the same significant benefits of digital transformation experienced by other organisations that have gone live with Expanse.”
Liverpool Women’s NHS FT is First Trust in UK LIVE with MEDITECH Expanse
8 November 2023 - In July, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust (Liverpool, UK), became the first Trust in the UK to go live with the MEDITECH Expanse Electronic Patient Record (EPR). The organisation’s decision to implement the cloud-based EPR is one that best supported its digital strategy and organisational goals to leverage technology for improved patient care and efficiency.
Blackrock Health Announces €25 Million Investment In New Digital Transformation Programme Creating 60 Jobs
5 September 2023 - Blackrock Health Group, which comprises of the Blackrock, Galway, Hermitage and Limerick Clinics, has announced a €25 million investment in a new digital transformation programme. The investment includes the introduction of the very latest in electronic health record systems, MEDITECH Expanse, and the introduction of Ireland’s first integrated digital engagement platform that will enable connectivity between patients, consultants and general practitioners (GPs).
Ireland’s Largest Independent Hospital Group Selects MEDITECH Expanse for Digital Transformation
23 August 2023 - Bon Secours Health System, one of the largest providers of private healthcare in Ireland, will implement MEDITECH Expanse as the foundation of its clinical transformation project. The Electronic Health Record (EHR) will replace its current combination of multiple platforms and paper documentation to establish one integrated healthcare record.
Serving the UK and Ireland
As a proven partner to some of the most successful healthcare organisations in the United Kingdom and Ireland, our customers are advancing digital strategies and achieving impressive milestones.
In the UK:
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust first to go LIVE with MEDITECH Expanse EPR
- Alder Hey Children's is the first paediatric hospital in Europe awarded HIMSS EMRAM Stage 7.
Download our case study to learn more about how Alder Hey is transforming care with MEDITECH's interoperability solutions.
- Sunderland Royal Hospital attained Stage 7 recognition from HIMSS Analytics. South Tyneside District Hospital is also pursuing HIMSS accreditation.
Alder Hey and Sunderland are two of just four Trusts in the UK that have achieved HIMSS Level 7
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre, a GDE fast follower, is leading the way in oncology by redesigning its cancer care service delivery.
- Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, a Digital Aspirant site, is a digital innovation and interoperability leader.
- Ireland’s Largest Independent Hospital Group Selects MEDITECH Expanse for Digital Transformation
- Mater Private Network digital transformation underway with Expanse implementation launch
- MEDITECH Expanse selected by Mater Private, Ireland's leader in cancer and cardiac care
- Read more on the hospital group's plans to improve clinical outcomes and the patient experience by deploying MEDITECH Expanse across its entire Irish network.
- Galway Clinic, the first Irish hospital to achieve HIMSS EMRAM Stage 6, was also the first hospital to go LIVE with Expanse in Ireland