One record, one MAR, one problem list, across multiple care settings. Hear how MEDITECH’s integrated EHR puts safety front and center.
Web Point-of-Care Software
Web Point-of-Care Software (in development) complements the mobile capabilities of our Patient Care System by enabling clinicians to conveniently review patient lists and document care from smartphones using modern web browsers. This new web-based software provides nurses, LPNs, aides, and other care providers with an additional tool for performing tasks such as quick medication verification and care intervention documentation.
The following slides provide an overview of some of the functionality we are actively developing, which will enable you to:
- View a full list of currently assigned patients, as well as a summary of interventions and administrations
- Receive icon-based notifications of new information and tasks
- Identify patients through barcoded wristbands
- Sort worklists by name, room and bed, or next action to prioritize workloads
- Receive real-time updates of patient information
- Access the patient’s chart from the worklist
Patient Data and Chart Views
Web Point-of-Care Software enables clinicians to view recent patient data or launch into patient charts to view additional historical data. Data includes but is not limited to:
- Current and historical interventions
- Detailed allergies
- Clinical data
- Care providers
- Recent orders and results
- Problem lists
- DNR statuses
- Additional user-defined data
Clinicians have immediate access to documentation capabilities on their point-of-care devices, including the ability to:
- Add, document, and edit interventions and assessments
- Receive immediate notification of due and overdue interventions
- Modify intervention frequency, occurrence, and time
- Recall data on assessments
- Initiate rules-based logic
Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Bedside Verification components support the native barcode scanner on select devices. Clinicians can:
- Access a medication worklist with icon-based indicators, such as due and overdue administrations
- Scan, acknowledge, review, administer, and co-sign medications
- Document medication assessments and reassessments
- View and override medication conflicts and renewal warnings
- Review additional medication details
- Display the protocol and taper schedule
Meet regulations within your workflow.
6.1 provides us with tools and enhancements that allow us to coordinate care and achieve our population health goals.
Manager of Organizational Informatics, Northwestern Medical Center
We’re excited that nurses can go into an assessment and see the vital signs that were uploaded from the monitor, rather than have to document them into the system.
Nursing Information Systems Analyst, University of Maryland School of Nursing
Staff can see that the patient has been here before. They can see the patient’s allergies and home meds, which streamlines their processes. They love it!
Clinical Information Specialist, Meadville Medical Center
Stay in touch for smoother transitions.
Nurses, physicians, therapists, case managers — you’re all on the same team. Communicate effectively with our:
- Enterprise-wide EHR
- Multidisciplinary care plans
- Real-time status board monitoring of all patient activity, for smoother handoffs
- Inherent clinical messaging
- Integration with Imprivata Cortext® secure texting
Smart tools for every nursing specialty.
Fix your specialty’s problem areas, with our web-based solutions.