MEDITECH Expanse Earns Top KLAS Honors
For the 7th consecutive year, MEDITECH was recognized by KLAS as a top performer, with Expanse ranking #1 in the 2021 Best in KLAS: Software & Services report for Acute Care EMR (Community Hospital), as well as Patient Accounting & Patient Management (Community Hospital) and Home Health EHR (small 1-200 average daily census).
“The platform is very slick and smooth. I could be shuffling from the ambulatory setting to the acute setting to the ED setting very easily, provided I had user privileges in all of those settings. The transition is basically seamless from one setting to another. The chart organization is identical. No matter what setting I am in, I don't have to learn a completely different set of workflows. The workflows are very similar in all areas of the product.”
CMIO, January 2021
Learn more about how Expanse is moving the needle by helping healthcare organizations to enhance patient care.
Document the way you want.
Customize patient summaries, assessments, and plans to fit your work style, so you can give your patients more attention, and give yourself more time.
"OK, MEDITECH." Make my life easier.
The most intuitive EHR for physicians just got easier. Now physicians can promptly find what they’re looking for in their EHR simply by asking. Powered by the same advanced AI you use on your personal devices, Expanse Virtual Assistant works just like you’d expect it to — lowering your cognitive load and allowing you to focus on your patients, not your devices.
"Every click matters. One click, two or three seconds here, two or three seconds there, by the end of the day it amounts to a significant amount of time. If you look at that over weeks and months it really adds up."
Adena Health System
Excellence included, with embedded Clinical Decision Support.
Advance clinical decision-making from day one. Our evidence- and expert-based Standard Content — embedded in Expanse for Acute Care — is coordinated with best practice workflows, for safer patient care from the start. Pre-built, physician-related toolkits provide outcomes-focused implementation guides that outline best practice workflow and setup recommendations to detect and treat sepsis, CAUTI, and other high priority conditions.
Know your patients.
- View handoff messages, new results, and consult requests from across the continuum
- Tailor your Rounding List to prioritize workflow in one place
- Check the Activity Log for a comprehensive look at your patient's current state, with abnormal or critical results expanded
- Learn their specific circumstances, with special indicators
- Build rapport with patients through personal notes, reminders, and checklists
Prepare for quick and easy discharges.
Start planning your patient's discharge on day one with our multidisciplinary Discharge routine. Coordinate with the care team while requesting follow-ups and diagnostics, ordering durable medical equipment, automatically converting inpatient orders to ambulatory orders, and more. You can also manage prescriptions seamlessly with embedded tools offered in collaboration with DrFirst® — all without having to log into other systems or leave the patient's record.
- Use e-Prescribing to electronically submit prescriptions (including controlled substances) to outpatient pharmacies.
- Review medication claims histories.
- Query state prescription drug management plans.
- Submit prior authorizations to ensure eligibility.
- Check the insurance formulary for covered medications.