Notice for residents of Canada
MEDITECH as a Health Information Network Provider (HINP)
MEDITECH’s role as a HINP, is to enable Traverse Exchange Canada (TEC) to realize its objectives, by creating a system of structured document exchange for participating organizations, to advance their interoperability outreach to clinical documents containing relevant healthcare information available, upon request to the appropriate parties across the Canadian healthcare ecosystem.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
To access the personal information we have about you, or to correct inaccuracies, please write to us through our contact page or contact the MEDITECH representative listed below. To protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections or modifications to your information.
Associate Vice President, Information Technology & Facility Operations
7 Blue Hill River Road, Canton, MA 02021
Special Notice to the patients of healthcare providers who use the MEDITECH Software as part of providing your care:
- Personal Health Information (PHI). MEDITECH only collects, uses and discloses PHI for the purpose of providing services to Health Information Custodians. Though the MEDITECH Software may process Personal Health Information (referred to hereinafter as “Personal Data”), as defined under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) , on behalf of your healthcare provider, decisions regarding what Personal Data is collected, stored, used, and shared are made by your healthcare provider and not MEDITECH. For more information or to request a copy of your Personal data, contact your healthcare provider.
- Limited Access. MEDITECH staff access to Personal Data is limited to the amount necessary to support your healthcare provider. Authorized vendors and third parties of MEDITECH may have limited, incidental access to Personal Data, as such vendors and subcontractors provide services and products integral to the MEDITECH Software and services.
- Privacy & Security. MEDITECH Software protects the privacy and integrity of your Personal Data using industry standard technical safeguards.
- MaaS Customers. If your healthcare provider uses MEDITECH as a Service (“MaaS”), your Personal Data is processed and stored in Google cloud servers in Canada.
- Your Rights. (Rights may vary depending on your province of residence.)
- Right to Information - Refer to your healthcare provider’s applicable privacy policies for information regarding the nature of the health information and Personal Data collected including categories of Personal Data stored, their anticipated uses and disclosures, as well as your rights regarding consent and allowances to decline. Contact your healthcare provider with any other questions or concerns you may have about the use of your Personal Data.
- Right to Access - Your Personal Data can be accessed by you through your healthcare provider’s patient portal or by contacting them directly.
- Right to Request Corrections - Contact your healthcare provider with any requests to edit Personal Data you believe to be incorrect.
- Concerns/Complaints - If submitted to MEDITECH, all privacy handling complaints related to your Personal Data processed in our software will be funneled to your healthcare provider for response.