The National Health Service Celebrates 70th Birthday
The National Health Service (NHS) is celebrating 70 years of providing health and social care services throughout United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK). Since 1948, this publicly funded national healthcare system has provided services for more than 64.6 million people in the UK, and 54.3 million people in England alone.
Like so many other nations, the UK is striving to transform care delivery in a rapidly changing healthcare landscape. In their Five Year Forward View, the NHS outlines a series of steps that will enable more coordinated and responsive care around patients’ needs, including leveraging technology and innovation to create a more sustainable healthcare system.
MEDITECH has been a proud supplier of information systems to the UK for over 25 years, offering a fully integrated solution that meets the needs of patients across the entire continuum of care. Recently, MEDITECH Holdings announced growth into the United Kingdom and Ireland, where it will market Expanse in partnership with MEDITECH U.S.
Here’s a sampling of our long-term NHS partnerships:
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - MEDITECH’s first customer in the United Kingdom.
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust - leading healthcare transformation as a Global Digital Exemplar.
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust - leading healthcare transformation as a Global Digital Exemplar.
- The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust - seeing greater care efficiencies by using MEDITECH’s Oncology Management solution and leading healthcare transformation as a Global Digital Exemplar fast follower to Alder Hey.
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust - ranked as one of the best hospitals in the UK.
Please join us in congratulating the NHS on this tremendous milestone!