MEDITECH’s On the Road Event Travels to Kansas City and Indianapolis
MEDITECH customers in the midwest got more out of MEDITECH’s On the Road Event (MORE) Oct. 6 and 8. Following the recent success of the event in Toronto, Ontario, customers in Kansas City, MO and Indianapolis had a first-hand look at how MEDITECH’s 6.1 EHR provides a clinically integrated network at a cost-effective price.
I appreciated the varied topics that were available in the breakout sessions. It was a great opportunity to see the future direction MEDITECH is going in.
Beth Jump, CIO, Logansport Memorial Hospital
Customers attended optimization sessions, customer panels, and networking opportunities with peers. One of the main sessions showcased MEDITECH’s new Web EHR and patient registries for population health management. Some of the event’s highlights include:
- A panel discussion with Most Wired 2015 recipient Hancock Regional Hospital (Greenfield, IN), on why their physicians chose the 6.1 Web-EHR for complete integration and a new widget concept that helps save time and clicks.
- A comprehensive look at interoperability initiatives that are helping to bridge communication between IT vendors. Customers also learned about MEDITECH’s contribution to the CommonWell Health Alliance and the HL7 FHIR Argonaut Project.
- A customer presentation on VTE Prophylaxis, patient engagement, and building solutions that meet Meaningful Use measures.
- Customers also discussed the recent transition to ICD-10 and were excited to report that the transition went smoothly and without any serious issues.
- Presentations on SEPSIS and the new CAUTI toolkit provided customers with information about MEDITECH’s best practices for preventing disease and infection in the hospital setting.
I was super impressed with the SEPSIS and CAUTI content. It is so helpful having a step by step of everything that needs to be built.
Jody Teague, RN, Nursing Informatics, Bothwell Hospital