Alder Hey Children's Hospital Spotlights MEDITECH's Interoperability Solutions at Share2Care Connectathon
Alder Hey Children's Hospital spotlights MEDITECH's interoperability solutions at Share2Care Connectathon.
NHS clinicians, developers, and suppliers had the opportunity to come together to collaborate on patient information exchange strategies at the recent INTEROPen Share2Care Connectathon hosted by Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust (Liverpool, UK).
Over 130 attendees representing over 20 separate NHS suppliers, and 15 NHS trusts from multiple regions across the country made for a standing-room only event.
Discussion focused on ways to accelerate the development of key areas of the Share2Care programme using new and emerging technologies and standards, such as CareConnect APIs, GP Connect, and NHS login. The event also showcased the combined use of FHIR and XDS, displaying the power of open standards. Below is a sampling of the day’s highlights.
- The FHIR Transfer of Care Discharge document was submitted and displayed in an XDS registry in real time, showing the power of FHIR and XDS and overall open standards.
- Two LIVE demonstrations of NHS login integrated into patient-centric applications.
- LIVE publication to the National Record Locator service.
- XCA connectivity to provide a cross region shared patient record.
- A GP connect demonstration with the NHS team and TPP to a GP System supplier.
- Hacks by attendees and solutions displays using NHS login, Transfer of Care submission (intersystems), NRL publication, and publication to CareConnect Rest infrastructure.
As a Global Digital Exemplar (GDE), Alder Hey is also a leader in the adoption of Open Standards. Working in conjunction with INTEROPen, Alder Hey has been at the forefront of the development and implementation of the Share2Care programme, which enables clinicians to access real-time health and social information across all care settings, for more informed decision-making.
Share2Care is one way Alder Hey is helping the NHS transform care delivery. To learn more, download the case study below.